Authenticate your bottles

Terroir

If Pavie and Pavie-Decesse constitute a contiguous group of vines, nonetheless they remain very individual properties, each with its own well-defined terroir.

Pavie-Decesse is entirely situated on Saint-Emilion's limestone plateau which gives the wines their distinct character.

Read more
Close

On these soil, where clay is also present, Merlot expresses itself fully. The "starfish limestone” contributes a pronounced freshness with floral and mineral aspects, while the clay gives good structure.

The vineyard, well exposed to the wind is accordingly planted with 90% merlot, the other 10% being cabernet franc.All of these factors give birth to a wine that is rich and full, fleshy and complex, possessing and attractive tannic structure and an excellent capacity to improve with age - typical characteristics of wines from plateau.

Fermer
Back

Connection